XBee L/T/H Sensors --> Connectport Gateway --> Raspberry Pi local MySQL database

Buddy Bartels

Nov 17, 2016, 11:03:20 AM11/17/16
to xbee-internet-gateway
I work with military facilities that don't allow any type of internet connectivity to the digi cloud or anything like that.  I'd like to setup a system as follows:

1. I have about 25 of Digi's XBEE Sensors that have light, temp, and humidity sensors in a pre-packaged format (http://www.digi.com/wiki/developer/index.php/XBee_Sensors)
2. I can very easily connect all of these to either the Connectport X4 or the XBEE Gateway (formerly X2 I think). I have both of these gateways.
3. I can then connect an ethernet cable directly from the gateway to my raspberry pi and access that gateway IP address to bring up the web console.
4. I also have my raspberry pi setup as a MySQL server and can access that easily enough.

My missing link is being to take all the sensor data aggregated through the gateway and push it into the local MySQL server on the raspberry pi.  It seems very possible but I think I'm at the end of my knowledge base on how to do this.

Like I said, the digi cloud or anything on the internet is not an option for me but rather storing light, temp, and humidity values locally on my raspberry pi MySQL server.

Thanks in advance! I've read both the Faludi Wireless Sensor Networks book as well as the Charles Bell book on beginning sensor networks with arduino and raspberry pi.

Buddy Bartels

Rob Faludi

Nov 17, 2016, 11:35:11 AM11/17/16
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Try the I/O Sample HTTP trigger: https://github.com/XBeeInternetGateway/XIG/wiki/user-documentation#g-io-sample-http-trigger

Run a web server on your RasPi, then write some PHP or similar to grab the incoming values and push them to mySQL.