UDP maximum packet size?

Mark Windrim

Dec 16, 2014, 3:32:43 PM12/16/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We're looking to use XIG for a project and have some data that needs to be sent over UDP (it has to be UDP).  One of the packets is roughly 140 bytes, which is sent to the host as multiple packets.  If we sent 128 bytes (or less), it is sent as a single packet.  I don't see any configuration option that controls this - is there a limit?

Thanks,
Mark

Jordan Husney

Dec 16, 2014, 4:26:51 PM12/16/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com

It is dependent on the max frame size supported by the particular XBee you are using. What XBee are you using?

Rob Faludi

Dec 16, 2014, 4:28:20 PM12/16/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Maximum 802.15.4 packet size is dependent on the type of XBee being used. The plain 802.15.4 radios top out at 100 bytes and the ZigBee radios at 84 or less. Use the NP command to interactively query the current Maximum RF Payload Bytes which is dependent upon encryption and routing options currently enabled.