Raspberry Pi "could not open device, some information will be missing"

marle...@googlemail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 8:23:07 AM11/5/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
After some terrible misstakes by myself and reading this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/xbee-internet-gateway/could$20not$20open$20device$2C$20some$20information$20will$20be$20missing/xbee-internet-gateway/nAMoykKnBb8/E7qzER8H_qUJ

The XIG runs on the RPi B+ with Raspberian and a XBee-ZB Coordinator Module connected to the USB Port.
For better performance I just SSH to the Pi and start the Xig with:
pi@raspberrypi ~/xig-linux_src-1.5.1/src $ python gui/xig_app.py --no-browser
For configuration I take another PC in the same Etnernet network and got to the XIG: 192.168.0.53:8000
There I can see the network is formed and the xig is running. (typing time for example in console gives me an response)

But in my SSH session always comes this: could not open device, some information will be missing every few seconds
What does it mean?
Here is the complete Console log from my Raspberry Pi XIG:

pi@raspberrypi ~/xig-linux_src-1.5.1/src $ python gui/xig_app.py --no-browser
No handlers could be found for logger "cp4pc.xbee"
xig - XBee Internet Gateway (XIG) v1.5.1 starting.
cp4pc.edp - my device ID is: 00000000-00000000-B827EBFF-FFD798D5
cp4pc.edp - my IP is 192.168.0.53
xig.io_kernel - XBee Version = 21A7, Series = 2
xig.io_kernel - Enabling UDP listener on port 5649...
xig - Loading and initializing configured session types...
cp4pc.rci - do_command target 'xig' registered
xig - Starting scheduler...
xig - XIG startup complete, ready to serve requests.
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
xig.gui - No window manager available, will run as command-line only.
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing

Thank you for helping

marle...@googlemail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 8:25:59 AM11/5/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
And sometimes there is this message, too:

Exception happened during processing of request from ('192.168.0.24', 32995)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 295, in _handle_request_noblock
    self.process_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 321, in process_request
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 651, in __init__
    self.finish()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 704, in finish
    self.wfile.flush()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 303, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Rob Faludi

Nov 7, 2014, 8:24:57 AM11/7/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Francisco Gil Martinez will be investigating running XIG on Raspberry Pi and will follow up here with what he discovers, along with any needed fixes.

marle...@googlemail.com

Nov 14, 2014, 3:38:04 AM11/14/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I figured out the problem.
If I open a browser on the RPi and go to localhost:8000 then there comes the message:
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
If I close this than only the receiving I/O samples are displayed. Another problem was an incorrect configuration of my module which is connected to the RPi.
The coordinator had D7 = 0x00 and API Enabled with escaping (AP = 0x02). I changed both (D7 = 0x01 and AP = 0x01) and the samples from my remotes were received on pi, and send to a local server, so everything works now.

By the way I would like to ask two other questions:
- What do I have to do if I would like to send "Swichting Operations" to a remote via XIG. From Device Cloud I can send RCI Frames, but I would like to send it from my local network without Device Cloud. Is it possible to send something like:
   http://IPfromRPi/?DIO1=0x05
- Which Debug Levels can i configure in the xig_config_default.py file? standard is "info" for global and "debug" for io_kernel?

marle...@googlemail.com

Nov 14, 2014, 3:53:34 AM11/14/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for that silly 2nd question. I found it in the files from the xig.
But it would very nice if someone could help me with the other question :-)

JPhan

Jun 18, 2015, 10:52:45 PM6/18/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I got the same question.
I want to send a RCI request (XML message) directly to XIG RCI Handler without through iDigi cloud.
Is RCI request sent to the device using an URI of ue/rci, like DIA, the address would be: Http://IPaddr:PORT/ue/rci?

Rob Faludi

Jun 19, 2015, 8:37:53 PM6/19/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I’m not sure I understand. You’d like to use RCI but not the Digi Device Cloud (formerly known as iDigi)? The Device Cloud is what typically accepts the RESTful POST of XML and translates that into the proprietary RCI protocol that is queued for transmission to the device.

If you’d like to directly transmit something to the IP address of the gateway, without using Device Cloud, then it might be simpler to create a Python handler for that HTTP POST directly on the gateway.