how to troubleshoot Xbee Not Connected

Xian Lin Song

Jan 19, 2015, 11:46:02 PM1/19/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am using the latest Xig for linux and my XBee is 802.15.4 module and I followed the instruction to setup the radio:
  1. Use X-CTU or a terminal program to configure your 802.15.4 radio with the following settings:
    • ATRE (to factory reset the radio…alternately use the Reset button in X-CTU)
    • ATID 1966 (please replace 1966 with your chosen PAN ID!)
    • ATAP 1 (sets your radio to basic API mode)
    • ATD6 1 (turns on monitoring for RTS)
    • ATBD 6 (sets baud rate to 57,600 which is currently the highest supported baud rate)
    • ATWR (saves these as the startup settings)
However, when I run "sudo python gui/xig_app.py --no-browser" the webpage shows "Status: XBee Not Connected". (via /dev/ttyUSB0 at 57600 baud rate)
But I can use minicom in Linux and issue "+++" command to get "OK" response.

I would like to know how to trouble shoot this?

Xian Lin Song

Jan 20, 2015, 12:20:06 AM1/20/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
The error message i got from the debug line of the exception is:
ddo_get_param: serial port not open

Rob Faludi

Jan 20, 2015, 9:14:06 PM1/20/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Do you have access to that serial port through other python applications?

Xian Lin Song

Jan 21, 2015, 10:01:47 PM1/21/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I formatted SD card and reinstall XIG and it solved the problem.

Previously I can use a python script "miniterm.py" to access the /dev/ttyUSB0 and I can get response from my XBee.

Thank you.