Serial to cloud via XIG

Adolph Dupre

Jun 13, 2014, 12:38:36 PM6/13/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
I have a xbee S2 running zigbee API router software.  It is connected via the serial port to a Microcontroller.  The xBee is linked to a ConnectPort x2E running stock XIG.  the connectport is connected to my developer account in the cloud.

I know I have a valid connection from the xbee to the cloud because I have another xbee with IOs.  I can send and receive IO data back and forth from the API explorer within the cloud.

I can also send Serial data from the API Explorer to the Micro Controller.  What I can't figure out is how to get the Micro Controller's response sent back up to the cloud and entered into the data Stream.

A. Does the Micro Controller need to format the data in a specific way before sending it to the xbee serial port?  If so can you give an example.
B. I've looked thru the ConnectPort X2E logs, ( I've looked into these logs: EventLog, Digi, Python, Xbee, and Other). but I'm not sure which one is the log that shows what was received and what was sent.
C. Where is the serial data stored in the cloud data stream?

Thanks in advance,
Adolph.

PS I have figured out how to send/receive  IO data  between a website (Running php) and a xBee chip.  If anyone needs help drop me an email at Adolph at ProgramConsultants dot com.

Rob Faludi

Jun 13, 2014, 1:41:24 PM6/13/14
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Serial data is currently one-way only, from the Cloud to the XBee (and from there to your µcontroller). The opposite direction is not supported in the released version XIG, however it is on our roadmap.

Samuel Garcia

Jun 16, 2015, 2:25:33 PM6/16/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Rob,

I have a similar situation that Adolph had and I was wondering if you guys have been able to configure XIG so that we can use serial communication feature in both directions. Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Samuel Garcia
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to xbee-internet-gateway+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Rob Faludi

Jun 16, 2015, 2:58:12 PM6/16/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
It’s on the roadmap but hasn’t been coded yet. Another option to look at is the XBee ZigBee Gateway (new branding and software for the ConnectPort X2e) which will move serial data bidirectionally.

Adolph Dupre

Jun 19, 2015, 7:10:48 PM6/19/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com

Found a differences file that shows the changes the Programmer made.

Adolph

xig_diff.txt

Adolph Dupre

Jun 19, 2015, 7:10:48 PM6/19/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com

Greeting all,

I used an outside Firm to add code to allow serial both ways.  Here is a description of what they changed:

xig_config.py is our RAT specific configuration file, it tells xig to use our parser (xig_rat.py) for idigi custom handling.
xig_rat.py is our RAT specific parser, it acts as a plugin to xig for handling transmit requests and parses them according to the thermostat protocol.

I have made changes to the following files in xig:
xig/src/library/xig_io_kernel.py: Added support for 'custom' callback handlers as opposed to IO specific ones
src/xig.py: Added support for 'custom' callback handlers as opposed to IO specific ones
src/sessions/idigi_data.py: Added default custom callback handler subscriber, and support for custom parser if one is specified in the config file
src/xig_config_default.py: Added custom parser variable, defaulted to 'None' so idigi will use a fallback handling (All transmit requests contents are published under 'TRANSMIT')

Hope this helps,

Adolph