XBee S2C vs S2 serial data

Paul Richardson

Sep 17, 2016, 12:46:20 PM9/17/16
to xbee-internet-gateway
Hi I have a network up an running and working great. http -> Digi Cloud -> ConnectportX2e -> Xbee S2 -> Arduino -> RGB LEDs (3 systems working great).

I recently needed a few more xbees and bought x2C version as I got a good deal on them. For the life of me I cannot
get these up and running properly. I have them set as router AT (well x2c version of this which is the default
setting for a x2c xbee). I can see them all in my connectport network.

Everything else is identical to the S2 hubs I have running and working great.

When I send these a serial string the very first time - after powering up hub (xbee, arduino) - all work fine - after that nothing but below.

First line is my data - I parse and turn lights to proper color. After the first time I cannot receive any
other data. Just keep getting <XBee Internet Gateway (XIG) 1.5.1 @ IP: 127.0.0.1>.

setColor:21:108:196:
XBee Internet Gateway (XIG) 1.5.1 @ IP: 127.0.0.1
------------
XBee Internet Gateway (XIG) 1.5.1 @ IP: 127.0.0.1
------------
XBee Internet Gateway (XIG) 1.5.1 @ IP: 127.0.0.1
------------

Sorry as I know this is vague but I've hit it with a hammer all week - any ideas?

Paul Richardson

Sep 17, 2016, 1:07:25 PM9/17/16
to xbee-internet-gateway
Update:

I just tried disconnecting arduino tx to xbee rx and it now works...
Just have xbee tx ro arduino rx connected.

This now what I see in my serial monitor without any data printed
from XIG...? Would still like to know what is going on as I can rx
xbee to arduino tx on other hubs. My app will eventually use this
to know if lights are on or off.

setColor:21:108:196:
setColor:235:14:215:
setColor:7:148:186