ConnectPort X2 -- isn't it supposed to work this way?

Kingsley Hill

Feb 18, 2015, 10:35:17 AM2/18/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I am new to all this...so please bear with me.

I have a xbee DigiMesh Module in an XBIB USB board connected to a Windows 7 machine running XCTU (new advanced version).  I can read the module, talk to it, put it command mode, send it AT commands, etc.  So serial to the Module works fine.  I can also talk to the module with PuTTY.

I have a ConnectPort X2 to which I can talk either with a terminal program or through Device Cloud.  I have followed the direction on here to install XIG on the CP-X2.  Both (actually all 3) devices are on the same PAN ID.  Device Cloud reports/finds all nodes (2 modules and 1 CP-X2).

In addition to changing the PAN ID, the only change I made to the Module is to set the low bytes to 0 (as per directions here).  Otherwise Modules are in default condition.  XCTU discovery buttons finds other two devices (CP-X2 and another Module)

From what I read, I should be able at this point to enter a URL into the Module's terminal window or into the terminal window on XCTU and get a response from the URL (in my case a simple test page that returns a simple message ("Yes").

Is this correct?  Am I doing something wrong or is there a technical problem here somewhere?  How can I troubleshoot it?  I see a reference to logging on the CP-X2, but can not see how to find/see any logs.  Assuming I SHOULD be getting the response...where should I look for the problem?

Kingsley Hill

Feb 23, 2015, 8:40:22 AM2/23/15
to xbee-inter...@googlegroups.com
I got this to work after much fiddling.  Exactly what the final solution was is not clear.  BUT, this does work and is a decent test of the technology.