My XBee S2C doesn't speak with Arduino

Juan Fco Bermejo Martín

Jul 5, 2018, 8:21:05 AM7/5/18
to xbee-api
Hello,

I'm developing a sensor network project to agriculture. I'm using Arduino UNO boards and XBee S2C communications. The XBee are communicating between them, as I can see in XCTU software, but I can't communicate XBee's with Arduinos. The are configures with the same Pan ID and API 2 mode.

I'm using the series 2 example of the library and the Tx node (router or end device) blinks twice the builtin led, which tells me that the local XBee is not providing a response.

I'm using an Arduino Wireless SD shield and I've tried to connect the XBee's directly to the Arduino, getting the same result.

Hope you can help me, sorry about my English. Thanks!

steve venroy

Jul 5, 2018, 7:07:19 PM7/5/18
to xbee-api
I had the same problem and found that the slide switch only controls whether the PC can communicate with the Arduino micro or the XBee.
In either position the XBee cannot communicate with the Arduino micro.

My solution was to bend or remove the shield TX & RX lines so that they are free to connect to some other DIO lines.
Then used the Software Serial Library instead.

Hope this helps.