How to specify remote address of Xbee and easier initial config

Stavros Tsardounis

Dec 22, 2015, 7:17:31 PM12/22/15
to xbee-api
Hello! I am trying to figure out a way to get the MAC address of the remote Xbee. Right now you have to manually add it in the code like this:

// Specify the address of the remote XBee (this is the SH + SL)
XBeeAddress64 addr64 = XBeeAddress64(0x0013a200, 0x403e0f30);

Is there a way to send an AT command or an API command to get and store the SH SL values rather than adding them manually into the sketch? This will help when you dont know the MAC address and you want to have an easier way of configuring a remote/battery sensor.

Side note question: Is there a commission button I can setup that will enable both endpoint and hub to go into configuration mode and allow easier connection? Think of WPS that Wireless AP's have.

Thanks again!!

Vinay Pulugurtha

Apr 18, 2018, 7:54:55 AM4/18/18
to xbee-api
Hi, I have been working on similar kind of project could you please tell me if you are successful in doing so??

Martin Chicoine

Apr 18, 2018, 8:11:07 AM4/18/18
to xbee...@googlegroups.com
IF you only have 2 module communicating togheterm there is no need to send to the specific SH/SL, you can just send a broadcast message.

like so:

XBeeAddress64 addr64 = XBeeAddress64(0x0, BROADCAST_ADDRESS);

IF you want to know the SH & SL of a remote node, once again if you only have 2 nodes, you can broadcast a remote at with the command SL and SH, it will respond with it SH and SL

Martin Chicoine
Président
mar...@erablitek.com
Tél.:1(855)537-2253
Fax:(819)300-6363

Le présent courriel et toutes les pièces jointes contiennent de l'information privée, exclusive, privilégiée et/ou confidentielle, sujette au droit d'auteur, s'adressant uniquement au destinataire. Toute utilisation, copie ou distribution non autorisée du contenu de ce courriel est strictement interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message et que vous l'avez reçu par erreur, veuillez le supprimer et en informer immédiatement l'expéditeur.

This e-mail communication, including all attachments, may contain private, proprietary, privileged and/or confidential information and subject to copyright. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, copying or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately, if you are not the intended recipient, and have received it in error.