Getting the RSSI Between Coordinator and Routers

Nicolas Mossmann Lemos

Jul 11, 2021, 8:18:41 PM7/11/21
to xbee-api

Hi!

First of all, I want to introduce a little about the results that I want.
My objective is to get the RSSI between a Coordinator and all the Routers that he can find. So my original idea was to send a Broadcast Frame with the Coordinator, read the Frame with the Routers that received it. After that, get the Coordinator (Sender) MAC address and send a Response Frame to this MAC. With that Response Frame, now will be possible to send a AT Command Frame with Coordinator (to himself), with the Parameter "DB", to get the RSSI from the last message received.

With that, I'm facing two problems:

First one is: How am I going to create that frame with this Library?

I've tried a lot to send the frames with code, but just can't understand how this Lib works (with the XCTU everything is working). I'm kind'a new to Xbee and Arduino, so the first problem is how to code the idea.

The second problem is the amount of responses I'll get in the Coordinator, because the AT Command "DB" Frame just give me the RSSI from the last Frame, so if get too much responses, it maybe not that fast to send the AT Commands.

The Xbees is the S2C Pro, with ZigBee firmware (I'm allowed to change the firmware).

The configuration that I'm using on XBees right now:

Routers:

ID: 3332
JV: 1 (Enabled)
NI: Router (Router Number)
AP: 2 (API Enabled With Escaping)

Coordinator:

ID: 3332
CE: 1 (Enabled)
DL: FFFF
NI: Coordinator
AP: 2 (API Enabled With Escaping)

If you have any idea of how to proceed, I'm willing to do anything to make this work, I just need to get the RSSI between the Coordinator and every Router he finds.