On required fields ...

Roberto Brunelli

May 25, 2021, 10:48:58 AM5/25/21
to Xataface
I fill some of the fields using external scripts and, while I would like to show the user the inserted values I do not want her to modify them: I am using widget:type = static for this.

One of these  is a 'required field': if I specify 'static' I get an error (field xxx is required ...) if I do NOT specify 'static' the record is regularly updated ... with the pre-existing value.

What am I missing?

Thx,

Steve Hannah

May 25, 2021, 2:10:56 PM5/25/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
I think using permissions, and making the field read only would work here.  Then use a text widget instead.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.