widget:description is not shown

air drummer

Feb 16, 2021, 3:10:03 PMFeb 16
to Xataface

i have a date field that i wish to use as Electronic Delivery Consent...null being no. i have added to the table's fields.ini
[eDeliveryConsent]
    widget:label = "Consent to Electronic Delivery"
    widget:description="By entering today's date, you agree that..."
but neither appears...can i buy a clue, pls?-}

air drummer

Feb 16, 2021, 3:49:58 PMFeb 16
to Xataface
oops it gets worse: passwd & email validations are not being observed, so looks like the fields.ini isn't being applied:-\

[ownerID]
Key=PRI
#widget:type = select
vocabulary = selectOwnerByName
[password]
    encryption=md5
    widget:atts:class=passwordTwice
[role]
    validators:required=1
[email]
    validators:required=1
    validators:email= true
    validators:email:message = "Email must contain a valid email address"
[eDeliveryConsent]
    label: "edConsent"
        widget:type=datepicker

    widget:label = "Consent to Electronic Delivery"
    widget:description="By entering today's date, you agree that we may deliver all notices, dues assesments and other documents and information to you by email. You agree to inform us right away if you change your email address or home mailing address so we can send information to the new address."

air drummer

Feb 16, 2021, 9:18:06 PMFeb 16
to Xataface
the problem was     label: "edConsent"