PHP Calls to create_function()

Lanfio Orelli

Mar 15, 2023, 9:16:25 PM3/15/23
to Xataface
I'm new to XATAFACE and I'm not not a professional programmer.
I'm just trying to develop a small application.
I'm using XATAFACE 3.0.2 on XAMPP with PHP 8.0

Trying to get acquainted and solve some issue with missed translations, etc. I've noticed that some modules (htmLawed.php, date.php, compare.php, Request.php, Smarty_Compiler.class.php) make use of the discontinued (in PHP 8) create_function().
Could this be a problem ?

Please let me know.
Regards

Steve Hannah

Mar 15, 2023, 9:30:14 PM3/15/23
to xata...@googlegroups.com
PHP 8 should be fine apart from some depreciation warnings.  I haven't used it on 8.1. likely needs some work to make it work.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

bigg...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2023, 10:55:02 AM3/16/23
to Xataface
I'm on 8.1, and having problems...do you think going back to 8.0 would help get my site running?

Lanfio Orelli

Apr 18, 2023, 6:08:58 PM4/18/23
to Xataface
If this can be useful for some one .
I substituted the discontinued create_function() with lambda function, as suggested on the php reference site.
It fixed an issue with the date widget
Regards