multiple forgot password reset emails

air drummer

Feb 18, 2021, 12:44:17 PMFeb 18
to Xataface
i just tried passwd reset & got 2 emails, with different uuids but sent @ same time:-\

air drummer

Feb 18, 2021, 1:01:48 PMFeb 18
to Xataface
btw, steve, u had mentioned the dataface__failed_logins table is used to limit attempts...what are the params on that? how many in what period?

air drummer

Feb 18, 2021, 1:07:42 PMFeb 18
to Xataface
there is also a gotcha when u change ur passwd: ur browser will helpfully ask to save/update it, but it's easy to miss the fact that the username/email is blank: the browser only sees the passwd)-: so u click on update & try to re-login, & ur browser fills in the username/email & the OLD passwd, since u saved the new 1 to a blank username...thanx, firefox/safari/et al...NOT!-\

it's bit me more than 1x so shame on me, but pity the poor lusers;-}

airdrummer

Feb 19, 2021, 7:41:12 PMFeb 19
to Xataface
also a problem with the reset confirmation page
 <pre>
Your Password ha been Reset

A new password has been generated and sent to you via email.

Please Login using this temporary password. Once logged in, you can change your password by editing your user profile.

</pre> not only is the please login link bad

https://cardinalglen.org/cghoaDF/%60Array.DATAFACE_SITE_HREF|escape%60?-action=login

but the browser tab title is that of the 1st record in the default table:-\

Steve Hannah

Feb 20, 2021, 9:27:46 AMFeb 20
to xata...@googlegroups.com
I have just committed some changes that fixes the duplicate email issue, and the page title issue.
I don't know why your URLs are coming out mangled.  I can't seem to reproduce that.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

tom wible

Feb 20, 2021, 10:38:55 AMFeb 20
to Xataface
great! thanx, steve, u r the best!-) having separate wordpress & database urls is taxing enuf for me let alone my muggle neighbors;-)

and i can kludge the malformed url by trapping it in my wordpress 404 handler;-)
now all that's left is ledger totals
https://groups.google.com/g/xataface/c/BPI6Fu8Ut1M

airdrummer

Feb 20, 2021, 2:45:00 PMFeb 20
to Xataface
unfortunately i didn't fully check it out:-\ i still get 2 emails, but no link:

You have requested to reset the password for the user name@domain. Please go to the URL below in order to proceed with resetting your password: <{{URL}}>

Steve Hannah

Feb 20, 2021, 2:51:21 PMFeb 20
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Sorry.  I was using the sendgrid plugin for my tests which uses the text/html version of the email.  I have fixed the issue with the {{URL}} in place of the link (in the text/plain version) with my latest commit.

The issue with the duplicate email probably just requires that you clear your browser cache as it was a Javascript file fix.   Browser probably just has old version cached.

Alternatively, you could bump the version in your app's version.txt and this will force all browsers to refresh their cache.

Steve

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 11:45 AM 'airdrummer' via Xataface <xata...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
unfortunately i didn't fully check it out:-\ i still get 2 emails, but no link:

You have requested to reset the password for the user name@domain. Please go to the URL below in order to proceed with resetting your password: <{{URL}}>

tom wible

Feb 20, 2021, 3:16:28 PMFeb 20
to Xataface
thanx, steve, i've had 2 users bit just this pm;-}

> bump the version in your app's version.txt

my app has a version.txt???-)

Steve Hannah

Feb 20, 2021, 3:21:15 PMFeb 20
to xata...@googlegroups.com
my app has a version.txt???-)

tom wible

Feb 20, 2021, 7:10:35 PMFeb 20
to Xataface
nice new blog;-)

airdrummer

Feb 21, 2021, 10:00:47 AMFeb 21
to Xataface
perhaps i shouldn't flog this thread any further, but there is another duplication, in search results, not a showstopper, but still...
Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 09.58.50.png

airdrummer

Feb 21, 2021, 10:11:22 AMFeb 21
to Xataface

Steve Hannah

Feb 21, 2021, 10:21:43 AMFeb 21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you may need to clear out your templates_c directory.

airdrummer

Feb 21, 2021, 11:16:57 AMFeb 21
to Xataface
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 10:21:43 AM UTC-5 Steve Hannah wrote:
Looks like you may need to clear out your templates_c directory.

were u referring to the bad login link

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 7:11 AM 'airdrummer' via Xataface <xata...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
or the duplicated filter (not search/find) results?

airdrummer

Feb 23, 2021, 8:01:17 AMFeb 23
to Xataface
sorry, the duplicated filter results is just top & bottom header/footer, which only look duplicated when no results.

Steve Hannah

Feb 23, 2021, 8:07:21 AMFeb 23
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Did you try clearing out your templates_c directory?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:01 AM 'airdrummer' via Xataface <xata...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
sorry, the duplicated filter results is just top & bottom header/footer, which only look duplicated when no results.

tom wible

Feb 23, 2021, 8:40:52 AMFeb 23
to Xataface

yeah, still there...Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 08.39.09.png