records navigation

Marco Stegani

Jun 20, 2022, 4:41:18 AM6/20/22
to Xataface
In Xataface new version (3.0.2 5002) missing buttun
in the new version of Xataface (3.0.2 5002) the previous and next buttons are missing in the view/edit of the records. is it possible to enable them?

Richard Mücke

Nov 26, 2022, 2:44:48 AM11/26/22
to Xataface
Same problem here.
I am missing the previous/next buttons and can't find them in the manual.

What can I do to navigate through a found set within the details tab?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Richard

Steve Hannah

Nov 26, 2022, 8:58:42 AM11/26/22
to xata...@googlegroups.com
With the new theme, I moved away from the "Prev/Next" navigation in the details view, and kept navigation in the list view.  It would be fairly easy to add this sort of navigation back, as it is defined in the Dataface_DetailsController.html template:

You could inject this using a block or slot.  Or you may notice that Xataface templates support the special smarty tags that can be added to any template:
{prev_link}
{next_link}
{jump_menu}

Which will do what the names imply.

You might need to tweak CSS styles a bit to make them fit the look.

The root details template is this one:

Another good way to reintroduce this would be behind a config option or preference to include the details controller somewhere (or just prev/next links).

If you end up going this route, please make a PR and I'll merge it into the core.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.
Message has been deleted

Richard Mücke

Jan 30, 2024, 2:08:06 AMJan 30
to Xataface
Hello,

just a feedback.
To enable details navigation (next / prev) insert the second line after the first line into templates/Dataface_Record_Template.html:
               {block name="after_record_heading"}
                <small>details navigation:</small> {prev_link}|{next_link}

This adds small arrows within the details view which enable navigation.

Best regards
Richard