GUI Rendering Problem

Lutz Haseloff

Jun 1, 2021, 4:29:15 AM6/1/21
to Xataface
Hi Steve, hi all,

I use a Xataface App now for 7 years without any problem.
Recently I have to migrate it to a new Server (standard RedHat Enterprise Linux 8)
I had to change some .htaccess directives for Apache 2.4

Access to the new Database (MySQL 8) seems to work.
My only problem is the GUI.
Some of the components are shown and some not.

I have some Errormessages in the PHP log:
-------------
... (40 identical messages)
[01-Jun-2021 09:52:17 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/v318_web/docs/xataface/Dataface/SkinTool.php on line 810

Is there a way to fix this?

I use PHP 7.2.24

Greetings Lutz

Steve Hannah

Jun 1, 2021, 9:23:29 AM6/1/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Try updating to the latest Xataface from the master branch on Github.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

Lutz Haseloff

Jun 1, 2021, 9:47:20 AM6/1/21
to Xataface
Hallo Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried the xataface-master from git and the PHP warnings are gone.
But the gui is not rendered.

I append two screenshots from the old and the new server.
gui.JPG
nogui.JPG

Steve Hannah

Jun 1, 2021, 10:12:03 AM6/1/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
It isn't picking up the stylesheet.  Could be a permissions issue.  If you look in the network inspector of the browser, you'll see an error when it tries to load the Xataface CSS files.  Either it's pointing to the wrong place, or the file isn't there, or there is a permissions issue preventing it from accessing the file.

If it is pointing to the wrong place, then it is probably an issue with the 2nd parameter of df_init() in your index.php file.

Lutz Haseloff

Jun 1, 2021, 2:12:58 PM6/1/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Shame on me.
I had an error in the url of my own server in the index.php.
I'm getting old.

Works now like a charm.

Thanks a lot Steve!

Greetings Lutz

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Xataface" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/xataface/CABiRg%2BRxKA7rPmXRE5K%3DsfWJBZnXKSYm3AK-nho3PLy5nOaS_w%40mail.gmail.com.

Ismail

Feb 4, 2023, 4:07:37 PM2/4/23
to Xataface
What was the error.  I have the same issue and cant seem to figure it out