Editing from relatioships

Antonio Sottocasa

Feb 26, 2021, 5:33:34 AM2/26/21
to Xataface
I have a problem in editing from 1 to many relationships.
Maybe something trivial regarding relationship definition or permissions that I am missing completely.

In the products - parts scenario, my tables and relationships would be:

Table 1: Products
relationship:
 [Parts]
parts.product = "$productname"

Table 2: Parts
relationship:
[Product]
products.productname = "$product"

Now, in the 'Products' relationship tab of the Parts table I can edit the product and save correctly.
However, in the 'Parts' relationship tab of the Product table, when I try to save I get an error informing me that the product field is mandatory, as if it were empty instead of being pre-compiled and uneditable.