Changings in DB Fields don't reflect on Frontend

Ahsan Raza

Jan 20, 2024, 7:27:29 AMJan 20
to Xataface
On my project (CMS) when I try to change the fields of a table in my DB the changes don't reflect on the front end and an error message pops up. The screenshot is attached I have cleared the cache and views as well but still, it doesn't work.
But the strange thing is that the form displays after some hours. I also tried to restart my Apache server but it doesn't work instantly. Sometimes a change in the field reflects instantly by clearing the cache one time but sometimes it takes hours to reflect on the front end.

err.png

Steve Hannah

Jan 20, 2024, 10:55:08 AMJan 20
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Check your php error log to see what the uncaught exception is.

Can you give more details about the changes that you're making that aren't reflected?  E.g. Are you editing them with the edit record form, and they don't appear changed?  Or are you modifying them programmatically somehow.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

Ahsan Raza

Jan 22, 2024, 12:03:16 AMJan 22
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Dear Steve,
Thank you for your prompt response.

Whenever I modify a field/column name or create a new table in MySQL DB, it throws the attached error. If I modify 1 or 2 fields it works after clearing the cache but if I modify multiple fields or create a table it doesn't work. Strange behavior is that sometimes it works after a few hours and sometimes it doesn't (by clearing the cache).
Another catch is if I duplicate the same table and make changes in the code too, it reflects on the front end and works fine. Currently, I'm using this approach but It's hectic.
Moreover, the screenshot of the PHP error log is attached below.

err logs.png

Steve Hannah

Jan 22, 2024, 8:27:06 AMJan 22
to xata...@googlegroups.com
That is not the PHP error log.  That is the output to the browser.  Your PHP error log will show more information about the error.  It says that it is an SQL error, so likely there is a typo on a table name or column name.  But check the php error log to be sure.