Edit(pencil) permission missing after upgrade.

Baer Schempp

Jan 27, 2022, 3:27:17 PM1/27/22
to Xataface
I upgraded just prior to v.3, my bad. However, when adding a new record, there used to be a pencil next to my lookup.  (It somehow has .css('display', none'); in global-xxx.js

Can anyone tell me how to control that so it displays?

Tia  - Barry

Baer Schempp

Jan 27, 2022, 4:08:51 PM1/27/22
to Xataface
Ok, I found it, specifically turned off in RecordBrowser.js:662ish,  but Whyyy?

Steve Hannah

Jan 27, 2022, 5:52:50 PM1/27/22
to xata...@googlegroups.com
This change was probably made for the responsive theme.  Can you send me a screenshot of the problem?  Also, try it out in responsive mode (e.g. either using Chrome debug mode and simulate a phone, or just make window smaller and refresh) to see if it gums things up.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

Baer Schempp

Jan 28, 2022, 4:29:11 PM1/28/22
to Xataface
Thanks for the quick response!!   I'll look into it further as I move to the latest version.   Thanks!!!