How do you enable the wildcard option?

rake

Aug 18, 2009, 12:59:32 PM8/18/09
to xappy-discuss
In the documentation (http://xappy.org/docs/0.5/introduction.html) it
states that the wildcard option is currently disabled by default.
Does anyone know how to enable it?

Thanks

Richard Boulton

Aug 19, 2009, 7:09:55 AM8/19/09
to xappy-...@googlegroups.com
2009/8/18 rake <ajosh...@gmail.com>

In the documentation (http://xappy.org/docs/0.5/introduction.html) it
states that the wildcard option is currently disabled by default.
Does anyone know how to enable it?

There was no support for this until just now, but I've just applied a patch to trunk which may add support for it.  I've tested that this doesn't break anything, but not tested yet that it actually works!

With this patch, you should be able to supply a "allow_wildcards=True" parameter to query_parse(), to turn on wildcard support.

--
Richard
patch

rake

Aug 19, 2009, 4:23:13 PM8/19/09
to xappy-discuss
Thanks, I'll test it out and let you know how it goes.

Josh

On Aug 19, 7:09 am, Richard Boulton <rich...@tartarus.org> wrote:
> 2009/8/18 rake <ajoshma...@gmail.com>
>  patch
> 8KViewDownload

rake

Sep 6, 2009, 11:23:44 PM9/6/09
to xappy-discuss
Hey, I finally got around to trying it out. I tested it on the latest
revision (498) of the trunk.

I got it working with two minor changes on lines 2362 and 2908. Just
had to change _qp_flags_wildcard to self._qp_flags_wildcard.

Thanks again.

Josh

Richard Boulton

Sep 7, 2009, 4:14:49 AM9/7/09
to xappy-...@googlegroups.com
2009/9/7 rake <ajosh...@gmail.com>

Hey, I finally got around to trying it out.  I tested it on the latest
revision (498) of the trunk.

I got it working with two minor changes on lines 2362 and 2908. Just
had to change _qp_flags_wildcard to self._qp_flags_wildcard.

Cheers - I've made that change in SVN.

--
Richard