buildout conf for building xappy

Kapil Thangavelu

Jan 8, 2008, 10:59:58 AM1/8/08
to xappy-...@googlegroups.com
hi folks,

i've been using zc.buildout to build, compile, install xappy.. and wanted to share the configuration for whats its worth.

zc.buildout is a tool for generating repeatable software installations, typically in a sandbox directory. its become best practice for zope/plone developers, and i also use it for django, pylons. though it has explicit support for eggs, its not really python specific, and can be used for all sorts of software.. the python cheeseshop/pypi has over 50 recipes for use with buildout.

the buildout.conf for xappy and the standard zc.buildout bootstrap script are attached.

to try them out, you can create a directory drop the two attached files in there and run

 $ python bootstrap.py
 $ ./bin/buildout -v

at this point its downloaded, and compiled xapian, xapian bindings, and pulled xappy from svn.  it also generates a python interpreter script that sets up the python path appropriately.

 $ ./bin/python

 # you can play around with xappy now.

 >> import xappy
 >> import xapian

cheers,

kapil
buildout.cfg
bootstrap.py

Richard Boulton

Jan 10, 2008, 7:00:35 PM1/10/08
to xappy-...@googlegroups.com
Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> i've been using zc.buildout to build, compile, install xappy.. and
> wanted to share the configuration for whats its worth.

This sounds great - I'll try to find time to play around with it and
integrate it into the repository soon.

--
Richard