Modulus or Absolute Value function?

Garrett Davis

Mar 6, 2019, 4:36:23 PM3/6/19
to xaos-users
What do the || bars do in this program, when I input the formula Z^3 + c + |2Z| and the formula Z^3 + c + 2|Z| I get two different images even though that 2 should be treated as a constant and should not result in two different fractals.

Martin Albers

Aug 6, 2019, 3:22:05 PM8/6/19
to xaos-users
I am also new with these user functions.
Would you need to add the * somewhere?
I'm also not sure how to get the formula a*z^2-i*z+c added with i being the sqrt(-1)...
Martin

Zoltán Kovács

Jan 2, 2020, 4:27:10 PM1/2/20
to xaos-users
What do the || bars do in this program, when I input the formula Z^3 + c + |2Z| and the formula Z^3 + c + 2|Z| I get two different images even though that 2 should be treated as a constant and should not result in two different fractals.

Hi Garrett, sorry for the delay.
I am unsure what the meaning of | is... but you might try abs(z) instead.
Best, Zoltan