Zoom at a really slow speed is not smooth

瀏覽次數:36 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Shirom Makkad

未讀,
2017年9月14日 凌晨2:50:362017/9/14
收件者:xaos-users
I really want to make program that makes your desktop wallpaper a fractal that zooms really slowly. As such, I've been looking for programs that can animate fractals. Xaos seems like the best by far, but Xaos is really stuttery with zooms like 0.01. Is there any fix for this? I know a lot of Java, but not a lot of C, although I don't mind learning at all. I would add in whatever fix that's needed, but there's way too much code for me to sort through to find out where the program even handles zooming. If anyone has any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Zoltán Kovács

未讀,
2020年1月2日 下午4:35:282020/1/2
收件者:xaos-users
I really want to make program that makes your desktop wallpaper a fractal that zooms really slowly. As such, I've been looking for programs that can animate fractals. Xaos seems like the best by far, but Xaos is really stuttery with zooms like 0.01. Is there any fix for this? I know a lot of Java, but not a lot of C, although I don't mind learning at all. I would add in whatever fix that's needed, but there's way too much code for me to sort through to find out where the program even handles zooming. If anyone has any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the delay, Shirom.
I think this is because of the main algorithm in the background. It is a kind of cheating a bit, that's why it is not really working on slower zooms like 0.01.
You can read a bit more on the algorithm at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XaoS (see also the references).
Best, Zoltan
回覆所有人
回覆作者