Don't know how to create zoom animations

William M. Powell

Feb 6, 2020, 12:35:46 AM2/6/20
to xaos-users
Hi, I am unfamiliar with creating zoom animations in XaoS. Can someone please help me?

J.B. Langston

Feb 21, 2020, 10:50:44 PM2/21/20
to xaos-users
First, you need to go to File->Record. Zoom into the area you want to render and when you're done, select File->Record again to stop. This will create a .xaf file which stands for XaoS Animation File.  You can use File->Replay to verify that the animation is as you want it.  If you want to tweak the file, it is just a text file that can be edited with any text editor, and the commands are documented here: https://github.com/xaos-project/XaoS/wiki/Reference.  Once you are happy with the results, you can render a series of png images using the File->Render command.  The rendered png images can be combined into a video using ffmpeg or mencode by following the instructions here: https://github.com/xaos-project/XaoS/wiki/Encoding-Videos