uneven sequence in rendered png files

Egon

Mar 1, 2009, 9:29:49 PM3/1/09
to xaos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
When I get my roughly 2000 .png files I usually load them into a Compositing program such as "Autodesk Combustion", but I'm finding that the sequence is not smooth. In fact it seems that every 17th to 20th frames, there are three that are repeated backwards, which ends up in me seeing a jurky movement. I wonder what can cause this?

J.B.

Apr 16, 2009, 8:09:40 PM4/16/09
to xaos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Take a look at the the documentation on how to encode videos (http://xaos.sourceforge.net/doc-trunk/video.html). Quoting:

If consecutive frames are the same, XaoS doesnâ AC!22t save them, so some frames may be missing. If your encoder canâ AC!22t handle that, you will need to write a simple script which will fill in the gaps by means of mv or symbolic linking.

This may be why you get a jerky movement. Please check if there are gaps in your sequence numbers and fill them in by copying or linking the immediately previous frame.

JL

Dec 7, 2016, 1:28:49 PM12/7/16
to xaos-users, xaos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, jbl...@users.sourceforge.net
The original post is not about dropped frames; it's about frames that are out of sequence, which cause the animation to "jump" backwards frequently. Others have reported this problem; for example: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/xaos-users/dXd6QDfIEXA