Issue 54 in gnuxaos: Can't (easily) render high-resolution static images

codesite...@google.com

Nov 17, 2010, 11:44:46 AM11/17/10
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 54 by cosmo.guffa: Can't (easily) render high-resolution static
images
http://code.google.com/p/gnuxaos/issues/detail?id=54

About a year ago I started playing with fractal photoediting for my
endeavours in SpaceCrafting (see http://cosmic-spacecrafts.blogspot.com).
I wanted to use Xaos fractals to make my art but the only way I could
render higher resolution images was to increase my display size , and still
those images were not large enough so I kind of forgot about Xaos. But
recently my interest in Xaos was piqued again while browsing through my old
material looking for unused creativity to harvest into something
presentable. I'm so amazed with how awesome this program is, it is truly
a "legacy" program in the best sense of the word. I compare my feelings of
excitement to about 10 times joy of discovering a text-to-speech software
on an old Amiga about 20 years ago. However, I think it could use one
small improvement. Create a dialogue to render a fractal in any size one
wants (or perhaps it would be easier to force 4:3 ratio and multiples of 16
or something like that). Right now I have figured out a "hack" to allow me
to render high-resolutions using your animation render. I explained how I
did this in my deviatart post here:
http://playful-geometer.deviantart.com/art/Scarlet-Flare-184191234?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Aplayful-geometer&qo=0 .
It's kind of a hassle, and it generates 2 of the same image, doing twice
the work... but it will do for now. Love and light to all you fellow space
cadets !

codesite...@google.com

Dec 9, 2010, 3:48:42 PM12/9/10
to xaos-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 54 by skydyes: Can't (easily) render high-resolution
static images
http://code.google.com/p/gnuxaos/issues/detail?id=54

I too would LOVE the ability to render high resolution images from XaoS.
This would be a fantastic enhancement. Thank you so much for at least the
workaround, which shows me that indeed the program has the innate ability
to do this. It seems like 4K resolution is the most the renderer will
handle, but that's a whole lot better than my screen resolution. Now if we
could just get a function in the File Menu to "Render Image" that would be
ideal.
Thanks for everything!

Andrew Eisen

Apr 21, 2012, 3:36:07 PM4/21/12