[XAM Developer] Collection of XAM SDK patches available

27 views
Skip to first unread message

Mike A

unread,
May 12, 2010, 2:32:05 PM5/12/10
to XAM Developers Group
I've collected all the XAM SDK 1.0.1 patches in one location. Head on
over to the Google Code page:

http://code.google.com/p/xam-fixes/

To use them, download the patched files and replace them in your 1.0.1
SDK directory. Recompile and test your SDK before use.

I also checked in the unmodified version of each file so you can
generate diffs between the patch and the unadulterated 1.0.1 source.

NOTE: These patches are from my personal code space and are neither
approved nor supported by SNIA or its members.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "XAM Developers Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to
xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
xam-developers-g...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/xam-developers-group?hl=en
Reminder that due to the SNIA IP Policy, only bug reports can be accepted as feedback for the specification or code.

ldeveaux

unread,
May 19, 2010, 3:15:44 AM5/19/10
to XAM Developers Group
I don't know if this is the good place to report a defect. Sorry, if
this is not.

In the Java_XAM_Library/build.xml, I think the line 99

<sysproperty key=xam.test.props value=testprops>

may be replaced by

<sysproperty key=testprops value=xam.test.props>

The test_jars target works with the second solution and not with the
first.

Best regards,

Ludovic Deveaux

On 12 mai, 20:32, Mike A <kn...@arrl.net> wrote:
> I've collected all the XAM SDK 1.0.1 patches in one location. Head on
> over to the Google Code page:
>
>        http://code.google.com/p/xam-fixes/
>
> To use them, download the patched files and replace them in your 1.0.1
> SDK directory. Recompile and test your SDK before use.
>
> I also checked in the unmodified version of each file so you can
> generate diffs between the patch and the unadulterated 1.0.1 source.
>
> NOTE: These patches are from my personal code space and are neither
> approved nor supported by SNIA or its members.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the  "XAM Developers Group" group.
> To post to this group, send email to
> xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> xam-developers-g...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/xam-developers-group?hl=en

ldeveaux

unread,
May 19, 2010, 10:14:02 AM5/19/10
to XAM Developers Group
The HTTP_Protocol_VIM test_xset and test_system fail because of an
invalid date format (errno = 1001).
The method in question is testPropertyCreateGetSet() when trying to
create a date_time property.

I don't understand which date format is waiting,
2010-05-19T15:23:15.508+02:00 seems a right ISO8601 format.
I have tried to replace the '.' by a ',' but the result is the same.

The output is :
[java] There were 2 errors:
[java] 1)
testPropertyCreateSetGet(org.snia.xam.vim.http.HTTPXSystemTest)org.snia.xam.XAMException:
Operation failed due to an unexpected exception: Invalid date format
1001
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPRequest.mapError(Unknown Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPRequest.request(Unknown Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPFieldContainer.createProperty(Unknown
Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPXSystem.createProperty(Unknown
Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.HTTPXSystemTest.testPropertyCreateSetGet(Unknown
Source)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
[java] at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
[java] at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
[java] at org.snia.xam.vim.http.XAMTest.runTest(Unknown
Source)
[java] at org.snia.xam.vim.http.AllTest.main(Unknown Source)
[java] 2)
testPropertyCreateSetGet(org.snia.xam.vim.http.HTTPXSetTest)org.snia.xam.XAMException:
Operation failed due to an unexpected exception: Invalid date format
1001
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPRequest.mapError(Unknown Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPRequest.request(Unknown Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPFieldContainer.createProperty(Unknown
Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.client.HTTPXSet.createProperty(Unknown Source)
[java] at
org.snia.xam.vim.http.HTTPXSetTest.testPropertyCreateSetGet(Unknown
Source)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
[java] at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
[java] at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
[java] at org.snia.xam.vim.http.XAMTest.runTest(Unknown
Source)
[java] at org.snia.xam.vim.http.AllTest.main(Unknown Source)
[java]
[java] FAILURES!!!
[java] Tests run: 33, Failures: 0, Errors: 2

I suppose that you have run the unit tests before commiting your
changes. So, this problem is certainly specific to me.
I post this message in this topic because it can be a problem from the
new patches.

Best regards,

Ludovic Deveaux

Mike A

unread,
May 19, 2010, 1:47:51 PM5/19/10
to XAM Developers Group
It did pass unit tests, the problem was time zones. Because you are in
Europe, the TZ contained a "+" which was erroneously removed by the
string escaping mechanism. The defect was in HTTPFieldContainer.java
(Java HTTP Client VIM). Pick up R49 from xam-fixes. Unit tests should
pass now. Sorry about that.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages