[XAM Developer] Reference VIM library does not appear

ldeveaux

May 3, 2010, 2:28:44 PM5/3/10
to XAM Developers Group
Hi,

Recently Jamie.mct asked a question about the Reference VIM :
http://groups.google.com/group/xam-developers-group/browse_thread/thread/4af382597ec0503e.
He received an answer from Michael J.Allison who told him that some
errors had been reported with the C side of things.

Moreover, the XAM SDK book writes this note : "This version does not
provide support for using C (.dll/.so) VIMs". Is the doc version or
the SDK version which no supports that ?

My goal is to study XAM capabilities with C API in order to possibly
integrate it in a project. So, I need to use the Reference VIM.

If the SDK does not support C VIM, when do you think a such support
will be available ?
Else, I have a similar problem as to Jamie.mct, I have all compiled
the sources with ant and no *.so file for Reference VIM is created.

Thanks you for your answers,

Reminder that due to the SNIA IP Policy, only bug reports can be accepted as feedback for the specification or code.

Mark Carlson

May 3, 2010, 2:37:27 PM5/3/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
There are no plans to do a C language VIM at this time.

-- mark

ldeveaux

May 3, 2010, 4:41:41 PM5/3/10
to XAM Developers Group
So, it is not possible to use the Reference VIM with the C API ?

On May 3, 8:37 pm, Mark Carlson <mark.carl...@oracle.com> wrote:
> There are no plans to do a C language VIM at this time.
>
> -- mark
>
> On 5/3/10 12:28 PM, ldeveaux wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > Recently Jamie.mct asked a question about the Reference VIM :
> >http://groups.google.com/group/xam-developers-group/browse_thread/thr....
> > He received an answer from Michael J.Allison who told him that some
> > errors had been reported with the C side of things.
>
> > Moreover, the XAM SDK book writes this note : "This version does not
> > provide support for using C (.dll/.so) VIMs". Is the doc version or
> > the SDK version which no supports that ?
>
> > My goal is to study XAM capabilities with C API in order to possibly
> > integrate it in a project. So, I need to use the Reference VIM.
>
> > If the SDK does not support C VIM, when do you think a such support
> > will be available ?
> > Else, I have a similar problem as to Jamie.mct, I have all compiled
> > the sources with ant and no *.so file for Reference VIM is created.
>
> > Thanks you for your answers,

Mark Carlson

May 3, 2010, 4:48:55 PM5/3/10
to xam-develo...@googlegroups.com
There is an HTTP VIM that stacks on top of the Java Reference VIM
and allows you to use it from the C library.

Details in Chapter 7 of the SDK Guide.

-- mark