Can a ".xset.management.policy" define both ".xset.retention.base.duration" and ".xset.retention.event.duration"

DavidSchreck

Mar 23, 2010, 5:31:57 AM3/23/10
to XAM Developers Group
Hi,

I have a litle question: As I see in the architecture document, every
XSet have a ".xset.management.policy", either the default or an
application specified policy. But does a management policy allows to
define both
".xset.retention.base.duration" and
".xset.retention.event.duration" ? So when the "event" retention is
triggered, we have only to use (for example) : "
xSet.setRetentionStarttime("event", true);" on the XSet to 'launch'
the "event" retention.

This is a bit unclear to me.

Thanks.

regards,

David.

Mike A

Mar 23, 2010, 1:15:49 PM3/23/10
to XAM Developers Group
Yes, it is allowed to do that, but it not required.