xTras doesn´t run

Cadrante de estrelas

Oct 5, 2021, 3:50:41 PM10/5/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
I´m using Mathematica 11 in windows 10 (I´m starting to use it). When I try to start xTras with:

<< xAct`xTras`

The program keeps running until a window appears asking me if I want to abort the opperation. The funny thing is that I have used the package recently without any kind of problems, but today it just doesn´t want to work. I´ve tried to restart the computer several times but nothing changed.

Any clues? (and thanks of course). :)

Jose

Oct 24, 2021, 8:55:30 PM10/24/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

The fact that this involves the combination of xTras and Mathematica 11 makes me think that it may also be a problem related to changes in the paclet manager, as in the thread

Can you load xTras with the version currently in xact.es?

If you still have problems, can you add a few Print statements in the file xAct/xTras/Kernel/init.m and identify where does loading get stuck?

Cheers,
Jose.