Evaluating xTensor expressions for a given metric using xCoba

Quim Llorens Giralt

Sep 30, 2021, 8:30:11 AM9/30/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra

Hi everyone,

I have some long abstract expressions that I have computed using xTensor.
Now, I would like to evaluate them using xCoba in some particular metrics (like AdS, Schw, etc) without having to rewrite them again.

Is there a function that evaluates an abstract expression given a particular metric in xCoba? I'm sure there is, but I haven't easily found it and I'm getting confused because sometimes xAct doesn't know which metric to use (either the abstract or the particular one).

I attach an easy example.

Thanks in advance!
Quim

Aquest missatge, i els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver, pot contenir informació confidencial o protegida legalment i s’adreça exclusivament a la persona o entitat destinatària. Si no consteu com a destinatari final o no teniu l’encàrrec de rebre’l, no esteu autoritzat a llegir-lo, retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar-ne el contingut. Si l’heu rebut per error, informeu-ne el remitent i elimineu  del sistema tant el missatge com els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver.

Este mensaje, y los ficheros adjuntos que pueda incluir, puede contener información confidencial o legalmente protegida y está exclusivamente dirigido a la persona o entidad destinataria. Si usted no consta como destinatario final ni es la persona encargada de recibirlo, no está autorizado a leerlo, retenerlo, modificarlo, distribuirlo o copiarlo, ni a revelar su contenido. Si lo ha recibido por error, informe de ello al remitente y elimine del sistema tanto el mensaje como los ficheros adjuntos que pueda contener.

This email message and any attachments it carries may contain confidential or legally protected material and are intended solely for the individual or organization to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or the person responsible for processing it, then you are not authorized to read, save, modify, send, copy or disclose any part of it. If you have received the message by mistake, please inform the sender of this and eliminate the message and any attachments it carries from your account.
Notebook.nb

jose xact.es

Oct 4, 2021, 1:30:23 AM10/4/21
to Quim Llorens Giralt, xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

Yes, this functionality has been requested a number of times. The thing to do is to write a list of rules replacing the abstract objects by the respective component tensors, which can be done by hand to be specific about which tensors are needed. But I understand it can be automated. So I've written a simple function doing this at the end of your notebook. If this is not enough, send another example with something that doesn't work.

Cheers,
Jose.

Oct 4, 2021, 12:29:20 PM10/4/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Thank you very much!
This is exactly what I was looking for.

Quim
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

徐涌群

Oct 18, 2021, 3:10:22 AM10/18/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi

Jose did a great job!

And I throuth I have a naive edition of this, about ansatz compont evaluation. It was mentioned a lot in this group.

My code in attached below. Hope it may help

Best regard
Yongqun Xu
fr.nb

Jose

Oct 24, 2021, 8:00:59 PM10/24/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

I reattach your notebook with the computation I think you want.

I must say that I generally don't look at computations that involve comparing with articles, because it usually takes much time, but this case was relatively clear.

Cheers,
Jose.

On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 3:26:24 PM UTC-5 phy...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi

Jose really did a great job! He has posed several reply about ansatz compont evaluation. I have learned a lot form them.

And now I have a easier edition of this. I was trying to get equation 5 in the paper:[2009.00512v2] Tensor Perturbations and Thick Branes in Higher-dimensional $f(R)$ Gravity (arxiv.org)

My code in attached below. Hope it may help

Best regards
Yongqun Xu

在2021年10月5日星期二 UTC+8 上午12:29:20<qllo...@icc.ub.edu> 写道:
fr.nb