TexAct gives wrong output

Nail Khusnutdinov

Jun 24, 2024, 10:42:13 AMJun 24
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
I use TexAct to copy and paste in latex documents. The simplest code is below.

<< xAct`xTensor`
<< xAct`TexAct`
TexPrint[\[Alpha]]

The output is \alpha. But if I copy and paste in a latex document I see "\\alpha" with double quotes. What is wrong?

TB

Jun 24, 2024, 10:48:12 AMJun 24
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi!

This depends on how you copy the string. Mathematica interprets \ in a string as the beginning of a special symbol. The symbol \ is represented with \\.
If you use copy as -> input text you should get what you expect.
An even more convenient way is
CopyToClipboard@TexPrint[\[Alpha]]
Then you don't have to copy it manually.

Regards
Thomas

Nail Khusnutdinov

Jun 24, 2024, 11:33:52 AMJun 24
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Thanks a lot, Thomas. It is useful info that I can not find in the documentation of TexAct.

понедельник, 24 июня 2024 г. в 11:48:12 UTC-3, TB: