Error message when I load xPPN, xIST, xPand... packages

тчеорист

Nov 25, 2021, 8:32:31 AM11/25/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Dear all,

I'm using xAct on my Mathematica 12.3 running on Ubuntu LTS 20.04 and I've tried recently to install the other additional packages like: xPPN, xIST, xPand...etc, but when I run them all I got is an error message.

Get::Failed

Note that I followed the installation guide carefully and I don't have this issue when I load xTensor or xTras packages for eg.

Please let me know if there's something very basic that I'm missing.

Thank you in advance!

Youcef Kehal

Jose

Nov 27, 2021, 12:40:20 AM11/27/21
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

Some of the xAct packages are not included in the xAct distribution, in particular those three you mention. There are links to all of them in the main page http://xact.es/ . The packages code must always be placed inside the xAct folder, where you already have xTensor, xCoba, xTras, etc.

If you have problems downloading any package, I suggest you contact the respective author(s), or report the problem here.

Cheers,
Jose.