Problem with defMetric

Jake Montgomery

Jan 21, 2022, 3:06:26 PM1/21/22
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi everyone,

Im new to using xAct and thought I had a grip on in until I started getting serious errors that are preventing me from doing really anything. I have attached a snippet of the issue I have in my notebook. Basically the defmetric is not working for me. I define the manifold no problem, then I try to define the metric on it and I think Im doing it correctly but it just spits out what I type in the input. This originally was not an issue and only stopped working after a bit of using it so idk what went wrong. Also while this is going on there is an xperm tab open that I cannot view or open. Its specifically called xperm(su9ji_shm). Am I using the functions incorrectly, is a file not communicating properly? Im pretty lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DefMetric Not working.PNG

Jose

Feb 16, 2022, 10:30:19 PM2/16/22
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

The fourth argument of DefMetric takes a pair, say {";", "D"}. If you just write {"D"} it will not work.

Cheers,
Jose.