3+1 decomposition of terms Involving Covariant derivative

Jitesh Kumar Singh 20136

Jun 20, 2024, 2:03:17 PMJun 20
to xAct Tensor Computer Algebra
Hi,

I am tring to do 3+1 decomposition of the Einstein-Maxwell equations using Xtensor. In the decomposed equations, I am encountering terms like , where:

  • represents the normal vector to the spatial hypersurface,
  • CD denotes the covariant derivative on the 4-manifold,
  • is the 4-vector field.

My goal is to express this term in terms of the covariant derivative on the 3-manifold and the Lie derivative. However, I am unsure how to proceed with this transformation using Xtensor.

Thanks
Jitesh