Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Octoploid

não lida,
5 de jun. de 2012, 15:08:3605/06/2012
para x32...@googlegroups.com
Now that x32 is close to be released, what is the status
of the compat ioctl layer issues?

The last time I've tried x32 (a few month ago) I couldn't get
sound working and running ATA-trim on xfs filesystems didn't work.

H. Peter Anvin

não lida,
5 de jun. de 2012, 15:11:3705/06/2012
para x32...@googlegroups.com, Octoploid
There is probably going to be problems; finding the specific problems
and cleaning them up will take some time. A lot of the problems are
problems with header files rather than the ABI proper, but nevertheless
it is problematic.

We should get a category on bugzilla.kernel.org to address these problems.

Specifics help.

-hpa

H.J. Lu

não lida,
5 de jun. de 2012, 15:13:4105/06/2012
para x32...@googlegroups.com

https://sites.google.com/site/x32abi/home

We need help to update compat ioctl layer to support ioctl commands
with struct size lile:

#define IOCTL_COMMAND _IOR('o', 28, struct ioctl_arg)

They are in

drivers/media/video/v4l2-compat-ioctl32.c
fs/compat_ioctl.c
fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.c
fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.h
sound/core/pcm_compat.c
sound/core/rawmidi_compat.c
sound/core/timer_compat.c

--
H.J.

H. Peter Anvin

não lida,
5 de jun. de 2012, 15:20:5505/06/2012
para x32...@googlegroups.com, H.J. Lu
On 06/05/2012 12:13 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> We need help to update compat ioctl layer to support ioctl commands
> with struct size lile:
>
> #define IOCTL_COMMAND _IOR('o', 28, struct ioctl_arg)
>
> They are in
>
> drivers/media/video/v4l2-compat-ioctl32.c
> fs/compat_ioctl.c
> fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.c
> fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.h
> sound/core/pcm_compat.c
> sound/core/rawmidi_compat.c
> sound/core/timer_compat.c

I'm confused, sized ioctl commands are all over the place. Are you
referring to a specific set of missing ones here?

H.J. Lu

não lida,
5 de jun. de 2012, 15:25:3105/06/2012
para H. Peter Anvin, x32...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM, H. Peter Anvin <h...@zytor.com> wrote:
> On 06/05/2012 12:13 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> We need help to update compat ioctl layer to support ioctl commands
>> with struct size lile:
>>
>> #define IOCTL_COMMAND            _IOR('o', 28, struct ioctl_arg)
>>
>> They are in
>>
>> drivers/media/video/v4l2-compat-ioctl32.c
>> fs/compat_ioctl.c
>> fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.c
>> fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.h
>> sound/core/pcm_compat.c
>> sound/core/rawmidi_compat.c
>> sound/core/timer_compat.c
>>

> I'm confused, sized ioctl commands are all over the place.  Are you
> referring to a specific set of missing ones here?

When "struct ioctl_arg" contains fields of "struct timeval/timespec"
and long/pointer,
its size is from regular 32bit "struct ioctl_arg" since "struct
timeval/timespec" are
2x64bit for x32 and 2x32bit for regular 32bit targets. One way to
solve is for each
such command, we add a new compat function to support 64bit time_t.

Some ioctl commands also take time_t, like PPPIOCGIDLE.

--
H.J.
Responder a todos