SHOP 31 BREAKFAST FELLOWSHIP

Edgar Bates

May 20, 2022, 10:03:10 PM5/20/22
to x31a...@googlegroups.com

Friends,

I apologize to all Shop 31 alumni. I forgot the reason why I use to post and email reminders of when the Breakfast Fellowship

was scheduled to take place.  It was to disseminate the schedule to as many Shop 31 alumni as possible.

So, that being said, I know this is short notice but it’s time for this month’s Fellowship.

FELLOWSHIP SATURDAY

In the morning (Saturday (5/21/2022) the Breakfast Fellowship

gathering will be held. Hope that you can attend.

8:30am Golden Corral

                4968 Centre Pointe Dr.

                  North Charleston, SC 29418

Take a picture or two and post it on our group page.

“Enjoy, Be Safe and Be Well”

Ed

Sent from Mail for Windows

Frank Stevens

May 20, 2022, 11:56:50 PM5/20/22
to Groups, X31
Hi Ed,

I don't mean to be unkind and burst your bubble but, if you expect anyone who is not in the system to get this message, they don't. That's the intent of it. Anyone can see what anyone sends but, they cannot send or receive any email thru the system unless they are part of it. There are several ways to join the goup. The easiest way is for me to put them on. They then have to accept being entered into the system or it would be considered spam and that's the failsafe. If you give me a list of everyone that wants to be included, I can add them all at one time. It's essentially an invite that they MUST accept to remain on the list.

Santa sends

I apologize to all Shop 31 alumni. I forgot the reason why I use to post and email reminders of when the Breakfast Fellowship

was scheduled to take place.  It was to disseminate the schedule to as many Shop 31 alumni as possible.

So, that being said, I know this is short notice but it’s time for this month’s Fellowship.

FELLOWSHIP SATURDAYit.

In the morning (Saturday (5/21/2022) the Breakfast Fellowship

gathering will be held. Hope that you can attend.

8:30am Golden Corral

                4968 Centre Pointe Dr.

                  North Charleston, SC 29418

Take a picture or two and post it on our group page.

“Enjoy, Be Safe and Be Well”

Ed

Sent from Mail for Windows

Edgar Bates

May 21, 2022, 8:43:33 AM5/21/22
to x31a...@googlegroups.com

Frank,

            Hope that all is well with you. It was great seeing you at the reunion and great seeing your name

Showing up on the FB group page.

I do not care to re-start a game of bumper pool with you. This is an game you and I have played before.

Don’t you remember all the emails we sent back and forth trying to get your list updated because it

found that not all of the CNSY X31 ALUMNI members were on your list?

I never got that warm and fuzzy feeling that the list was updated therefore, not only did I start to

posting dates, time and location of the Breakfast Fellowship on the CNSY X31 ALUMNI FB Group page but

also issued emails to the email listing you generated to ensure the widest dissemination of the information

to all Shop 31 Alumni (CNSY X31 ALUMNI members and X31 At-Large Alumni). I might add that for the first

time, I received a copy of the email I sent out to the x31 alu...@googlegroups.com listing.

            The names and email addresses below are some of our newest members that may/may not be listed

on your list.

Ed

LLOYD T CROSBY

RICHARD DIXON

ROLAND SAIN

Sent from Mail for Windows

Frank Stevens

May 22, 2022, 9:59:23 AM5/22/22
to Groups, X31
Ed,

OK, let's try this again. We are NOT now, nor have we ever played bumper pool as you suggest, or any other game. I'm not sure what all we discussed but, my list is just fine. I feel that I told you that everyone was not on my list and feel certain I told you why in great detail. When I started our having breakfast about 25-26 years ago, everyone who wanted to be on the list, WAS ON THE LIST.

Through many years, several list servers before Google, loss of interest by some, and quite a few R.I.P.’s, we’re down from a high of about 120 down to 61 and they all asked to be on the list. To be on the Google X-31 Alumni, individuals have to request it at the site, be invited by someone thru the site, or I can add them to the list. In all 3 cases, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT HAVING YOUR NAME ADDED TO THE LIST. IF YOU DO NOT, it will stay on the site as “pending” and cannot send nor receive messages. You say you never got the warm fuzzies that my list was up to date. Let me repeat, MY LIST IS JUST FINE. It’s exactly what everyone concerned but you, wants it to be or they would request to be added.

Just because there are names that YOU want added to MY list, that’s not good enough. THEY HAVE TO WANT TO BE THERE. Have them send me a request and I will add their names. That makes it easier on each of them, I can and will do it. THEN THEY ALL INDIVIDUALLY HAVE TO AGREE. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT.

You said that this was the first time you ever saw a message returned to you. I can’t control that either. I don’t recall it ever happening to me nor do I remember anyone else having it happen. I think I found out why that happened. I checked my received messages and the ones sent from the website and YOU DID NOT SEND ANY SINCE NEWS YEARS. If you insist that you did, you may want to check your junk file and/or your sent messages.

As far as your reminding the group, I did notice that. That would normally be fine and I failed to mention last night that I had the same problem remembering to remind everyone and started having Google send an auto message each month about 5 years ago. Your sending a reminder is redundant since a corrected one has been published each month since Jan. They were on 1-11, 2-15, 3-15, 4-12, and 5-17. They were all on Tues. at 7:59 AM. If you’re bound and determined to send a redundant message, kindly send the correct time. You posted 8:30 in both messages and 2 guys came late this morning.