Things and Stuff

1 view

Frank Stevens

Apr 12, 2022, 10:22:41 PM4/12/22
to x31a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Gene, I corrected you at the reunion when you said Pappy threw something off of a VTL and hit Fred Smalls in the chest. The best I can determine from looking at our RIP list, it was Sam Smalls. It was what they called a soot blower and stuck up about 15 -18". Pappy was using a piece of 2x4 for a heel block and it compressed and flew off of the machine.  I'm sure his last name was Smalls and Sam rings so,.......that's my guess.

SS

Robert McElhenney

Apr 13, 2022, 11:27:39 AM4/13/22
to x31a...@googlegroups.com
You are right Frank,  it was Sam.

Sent from my iPhone

GENE JANIKOWSKI

Apr 13, 2022, 12:41:43 PM4/13/22
to x31a...@googlegroups.com
FranK, I believe that you are right!

Frank Stevens

Apr 13, 2022, 12:44:13 PM4/13/22
to Groups, X31
Pretty sure I am. He was an older guy and guess he retired. Pappy sure got his attention though. I don't think it was TOO serious though.

Take care

GENE JANIKOWSKI

Apr 13, 2022, 12:47:46 PM4/13/22
to x31a...@googlegroups.com
Crimany, he got my attention too - I was standing next to him!

Frank Stevens

Apr 13, 2022, 12:52:58 PM4/13/22
to Groups, X31
That would it alright.