X12 Viewer can export to CSV but Parser fails every time.

clonestar

Jan 28, 2012, 2:24:38 PM1/28/12
to X12 Parser
With the 837 files from one particular hospital, the X12 Parser
program fails (aborts in error and will not continue), although
exporting data to a CSV file (using the same 837 files) through the
X12 Viewer, works every time. While examining the 837 content, I did
notice that the individual charges description field is null, while
the same field (in 837 files from other hospitals) does contain a non-
null value. The X12 parser works fine with 837 files where that
charge description field is non-null. The 837 files indicate a V4010
formatting. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this
problem.
Tnx.

Com1 Software

Jan 30, 2012, 12:11:59 PM1/30/12
to X12 Parser
Hello,

In reviewing the problem you have described, a couple of things come
to mind.

First and foremost is make sure that you are on the latest version.
Here is a link to the release log
http://groups.google.com/group/com1software

You can get an update by using your original registration download
instructions.
If you do not have that document, then email us directly at
infor...@com1software.com with
your system number and we will make sure to re send it to you.

You mentioned the issue of an individual charges description field
being null.
If you could be more specific, I would be glad to review any fields in
question
you may be able to identify. Here is a link to all available fields
for the 837
http://com1software.com/c1d0f252.htm#0613

Also when we have a program crash we generate an error log. Below is
an
example of a crash and the minimum amount of information that we
would
need to identify the problem.
The call stack is the most import information we would need to see.
There is more information in the error.log however due to privacy
concerns
we would only need to see what is outlined below. One thing to keep in
mind is you will
still need to be on the latest version for error.log data to be
useful.

Thanks
Dave

Com1 Software Error Handler
===========
Model : C1D0F252
Registration :
Version : 1.17L-21
Subversion : 1.17L-21
===========
Path and name: M:\C1D0F252\c1d0f252.exe (32 bits)
Size: 3,225,088 bytes
Time from start: 0 hours 11 mins 6 secs
Error occurred at: 12/27/11, 12:49:29
Error description: Error BASE/1132 Bound error: array access
Args:
[ 1] = A { ... }
[ 2] = N 2
Stack Calls