Multiple CAS Segments

EricW

Feb 23, 2012, 3:12:52 PM2/23/12
to X12 Parser
I'm trying to use this product specifically to capture denials on the
835. However, i'm not seeing where the parser is capturing data if a
service line has multiple CAS segments (multiple denial codes for the
same service).

Does anyone know if this is indeed an issue or am I just not doing
something right?

Thanks

Alex

Feb 23, 2012, 3:58:54 PM2/23/12
to X12 Parser
I don't ever use the parser for 835's but I just gave it a try and got
the same results as you. So unless we are both doing something wrong,
it must not be looking at any CAS segments past the first one.

Com1 Software

Feb 23, 2012, 4:27:42 PM2/23/12
to X12 Parser
Hello All,

The parser CAS segments can be mapped to up to 99 segments using the
below fields.

The easiest way to map for this is to use the Create Mapping File
under the Functions drop down menu.

When it asks you to include adjustments it will ask how many lines.
You can set it to what ever you want it comes up with 6 by default.

The map will be saved as c1835.xml

CLMADJCODEn
Claim Adjustment Code 1 thru 99
n = 1 to 99
Location : CAS Segment, Element 2

CLMADJAMTn
Claim Adjustment Amount 1 thru 99
n = 1 to 99
Location : CAS Segment, Element 3

CLMADJQTYn
Claim Adjustment Quantity 1 thru 99
n = 1 to 99
Location : CAS Segment, Element 4

EricW

Feb 24, 2012, 10:53:35 AM2/24/12
to X12 Parser
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm actually trying to capture the
adjustment codes for the individual service lines. I see how you can
create the map you described for the claim level adjustments (it still
only pulls the first one), but I need the adjustment codes for the
service lines. I have a screen shot of what i'm trying to accomplish
if you have a way for me to send it to you.

On Feb 23, 3:27 pm, Com1 Software <informat...@com1software.com>
wrote:
> > > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Com1 Software

Feb 24, 2012, 11:12:55 AM2/24/12
to X12 Parser
Thanks for letting us know.
We will be running some tests here at this point to see what is wrong.
I will keep you posted on what we find.

Com1 Software

Feb 28, 2012, 3:37:05 PM2/28/12
to X12 Parser
Here is how to map multiple adjustments for the service lines.

In the next release we will have an improvement to the create map
function that will make mapping these easier.

http://com1software.com/c1d0f252.htm#0612

Note:
n = service line number
s = segment occurrence
o = Occurrence of Field within a segment.

Example : PROCADJCODE1.1
PROCADJCODE1.2

PROCADJCODE1.1.1
PROCADJCODE1.1.2