are UNC's supported in parameters 2 & 3 (source & destination directories) of the x12 parser command line?

curtis

Jun 24, 2012, 7:49:38 PM6/24/12
to x12-p...@googlegroups.com
I am using the parser within an SSIS package and i would prefer not having to map my unc style variables to a drive letter paths prior to parsing my 835's.  is there a "trick" to using unc's or only drive letter paths supported?

Com1 Software

Jun 25, 2012, 11:39:11 AM6/25/12
to x12-p...@googlegroups.com
Curtis,

I ran a couple of tests and there is an issue with using network \\folder\data in the source. It can be used in the destination and it seems to work. At this point the only way to run it without the drive being specified is to execute the program from the mapped drive.

We will be looking into the issue to see if we can improve on it.

Thanks
Dave

Steve Davis

Jun 25, 2012, 12:09:30 PM6/25/12
to Com1 Software, x12-p...@googlegroups.com
I run the Parser as an Execute Process Task from the SSIS package.
Following is the complete specifications for the executable:

Executable: C:\EDIParser\C1D0F252\C1D0F252.exe
Arguments CSV \\<myservername>\<myShare>\EDI\835\20101224\835-12-29-10.x12
\\<myservername>\<myShare>\EDI\835\20101224\working HO SL

Of course I set the Arguments line by variable on each call of the SSIS
package, mainly to change the source file name.

Arguments Expression: "CSV " + @[User::udv_EDIRootPath] +
@[User::WorkingDir] + @[User::Source835FileName] + " " +
@[User::udv_EDIRootPath] + @[User::WorkingDir] + "working HO SL"

Works great.

Steve Davis
Database Administration
Agency for Persons w/Disabilities
(850) 921-4491

NOTICE: Florida has a broad public records law. Most written
communications to or from state officials are public records that will be
disclosed to the public and the media upon request. E-mail communications
may be subject to public disclosure.

Com1 Software
<information@com1
software.com> To
Sent by: x12-p...@googlegroups.com
x12-parser@google cc
groups.com
Subject
[X12 Parser Support] Re: are UNC's
06/25/2012 11:39 supported in parameters 2 & 3
AM (source & destination directories)
of the x12 parser command line?

pic27967.gif