api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer

Rogue Warrior

Jan 2, 2022, 6:32:02 PM1/2/22
to X-StreamLoader
Hello and happy new year 2022!

I've got a problem when I try to use X-streamloader:

"The program can't star because api--ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I'm using an old PC with
+win 7
I've Installed SP1 (KB976932) recently
+ X-Streamloader 1.6.5
+ Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.2
+ Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistribute (x86) 14.30.30704 (my system run on x86)

I've tried to reinstall everything but it doesn't work. I don't know what to do. I think the problem comes from Visual C++ and I've tried other version but I still doesn't work...

Please, help

Thanks

X-StreamLoader

Jan 3, 2022, 4:59:37 AM1/3/22
to X-StreamLoader
Hello, happy year too.

Unfortunately i could not reproduce this issue.

Rogue Warrior

Jan 7, 2022, 12:00:23 AM1/7/22
to X-StreamLoader
Does X-streamloader require a specific version of Visual c++? Please, can you tell me which one I need to install? I've tried so many version but I still doesn t work.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable 14.0.23026.0
Microsoft  Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable Package 14.30.30704.0
Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022

I used to work well on my old PC until my Hard drive crash...  Please help

Rogue Warrior

Jan 7, 2022, 2:41:29 PM1/7/22
to X-StreamLoader
UPDATE:
api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll was indeed missing in C:\windows\system32. I've copy the dll file from a website but I've got this new problemError.pngerror 2.png

X-StreamLoader

Jan 7, 2022, 3:19:58 PM1/7/22
to X-StreamLoader
For running the GUI Visual C++ is not required.
Only NET Framework 4.0 or higher must be installed at machine.

But your screenshot tells that it has nothing to do with the GUI.

It seems there is a issue with Python or a plugin.

Try the install version from Streamlink (instead the portable version): https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/releases/download/1.7.0/streamlink-1.7.0.exe
Take note that some plugins has not work in past with newer version as 1.7.0 from Streamlink (Chaturbate, Camsoda eg.)

Support for Streamlink issues only here: https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/issues

Greets

Rogue Warrior

Jan 9, 2022, 9:09:33 PM1/9/22
to X-StreamLoader
Hello...
 Sorry to bothering you again with my problem...
Like you said, it seems that the problem comes from python.  i've download the latest Plugin (youtube.py) from the Streamlink github, so I guess there's nothing wrong the plugin.

When I go to X-StreamLoader\Streamlink_Portable\Python 3.6.3=> python.exe and double click it I've got this error message:

Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system code ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Then, the usual Windows error message:

Python has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem

. Python 3.6.3 is compatible with Win 7. It used to work well on my PC before my Hard Drive crash. And I can't install Win 8 or 10 (my PC is too old).
I've tried to google it (the problem), streamlink github etc...  but don't know how to fix it,

Please can you help me?

Thanks in advance

X-StreamLoader

Jan 11, 2022, 3:20:54 PM1/11/22
to X-StreamLoader
Hi, Streamlink works with Python but it's not required to have installed it.

Again try to install Streamlink cleanly. And if there is a problem post it at Github.

We are not able to give support for Streamlink, Plugins etc.

Best regards

Message has been deleted