I am running CCS Version: 5.4.0.00091 and I want to debug x-loader on PandaBoard ES (OMAP4460). But it fails to show me the assembly. This is what I did
1. Created Makefeile project with existing code.
2. Tuned make command to build "make ift" and to clean "make distclean"
3. x-loader gets compiled succesfully -> copied MLO und uboot.bin to boot partition of sdcard
4. Created target configuration file for pandaboard es (however, if i test the configuration I got an error rate of 66,7% ...)
5. Added a debug configuration (code composer studio - device debugging) using the target config from step 4.
6. Set up the following changes in the debug config:
a) Program > Project > Workspace >> x-loader
b) Program > Program > Filesystem >> x-load
c) Program > Load symbols only
7. First strange thing, If i start debugging with the sd-card in my pandaboard (View > Target Configuratios > Richt-Click on the ccxml > Launch Selected Configuration > Right-Click on CortaxA9_0 -> Connect) Most of the time I get:
Error connecting to the target:
(Error -1141 @ 0x3D58)
Device is not responding to the request. Reset the device, and retry the operation. If error persists, confirm configuration, power-cycle the board, and/or try more reliable JTAG settings (e.g. lower TCLK).
(Emulation package 126.96.36.199)
So debugging only works for me with no sd card inserted.
8. When I perform the same steps with no sd card, I proceed as follows: connect to A9_0, connect to A9_1, select A9_0; select SCRIPTS > Reset > reset_ducati_cortexM§_RTOS_board | reset_ducati_cortexM§_SIMCOP_board | rset_tesla_c64_board (one after another)
9. Run > Load > Load Symbols > x-load (now I can see some entries in View > Debug > Modules)
10. Run > Load > Load Program > x-load
A source window pops up reading: No source available for "0x324c6"
The upper window reads: No symbols are defined for 0x40304360
The lower window reads: CortexA9_0: AutoRun: Target not run as the symbol "main" is not defined.
I was able to debug u-boot. Debugging x-loader fails for me every time.
I just want to debug the ASM code in startup.S which is executed right after reset.
Any help would be appreciated.