UPS

Joseph Lakeman

Mar 2, 2009, 8:49:53 PM3/2/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
I have 2 Uninterrupted Power Supply Units.  The batteries need to be replaced but the circuits should be in perfectly working order.  This would be useful if we wanted to take 12 VDC to 120 VAC or 240 VAC if we can operate them in sync.  Does anyone have a project for these?  I was thinking maybe an electric vehicle, a small one to experiment with different ideas.

--
Joseph Lakeman
X-Labs External Vice President

David Broadwell

Mar 3, 2009, 10:45:08 AM3/3/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
They will probably not operate in phase ... so without a box to integrate it into a single power stream, assume you will have two independent 120VAC devices.

In the good news,if we figure this out, i have one more UPS here that I would love to put a car battery to ...

--

db

Joseph Lakeman

Mar 3, 2009, 2:07:38 PM3/3/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
Hmm I guess that the clock is integrated into the oscillator circuit?  If it isn't shouldn't we be able to just take that clock and put it on the other 2 UPS and have them in phase?