Satellite dishes

Joshua Schumacher

Nov 9, 2009, 11:42:53 PM11/9/09
to x-labs
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anybody might be interested in making some solar collectors out of old satellite dishes. I found some on craigslist for free and thought they might be used for x-labs.

Joseph Lakeman

Nov 9, 2009, 11:53:08 PM11/9/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
yeah, I'd be happy to make a solar ray beam of death.....

--
Joseph Lakeman
(813) 503-2227

Coyt Barringer

Nov 10, 2009, 5:38:33 AM11/10/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Yes that's a great idea. I wouldn't mind using one or two for some long-range wifi antenna experiments as well.

Thanks,
Coyt Barringer

Nov 10, 2009, 10:28:12 AM11/10/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
Why hit craigslist, i've got a nice parabolic (not round) one ...
--
David Broadwell
Phone: 813-453-7443

"MCM's are like crystal Legos, stackable and fun ~!"

Joshua Schumacher

Nov 10, 2009, 10:33:09 AM11/10/09
to X Labs
When can we pick it up? ;)

On Nov 10, 10:28 am, David Broadwell <dbroadw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why hit craigslist, i've got a nice parabolic (not round) one ...
>

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Coyt Barringer <cb186...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > Yes that's a great idea. I wouldn't mind using one or two for some
> > long-range wifi antenna experiments as well.
> > Thanks,
> > Coyt Barringer
> > ________________________________

David Broadwell

Nov 10, 2009, 3:18:26 PM11/10/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
You can pick it up from the trailer ... I have a class this evening so
dropped it off. Look for the big satellite dish, can't miss it.

--

David Broadwell
And the correct phone number is: 813-334-5876

Joseph Lakeman

Nov 10, 2009, 4:12:01 PM11/10/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
theres only 1?

Joshua Schumacher

Nov 10, 2009, 4:49:41 PM11/10/09
to X Labs
Yes. I saw it. Thanks David. It even has 2 heads on it.

I think that the size/shape should be perfect for WiFi experiments.

I would like a bigger one (8-10' diameter) for a solar collector. Dr.
Fehr is going to see about permission for mounting it.

On Nov 10, 4:12 pm, Joseph Lakeman <jlake...@mail.usf.edu> wrote:
> theres only 1?

David Broadwell

Nov 10, 2009, 5:23:26 PM11/10/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
That was why i had it, wifi experiments ... but a smaller antenna was
able to see to my needs around the house.
--
David Broadwell
Phone: 813-334-5876