Demo this Saturday and possible next Saturday as well

BlueN...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2009, 11:54:42 AM2/25/09
to X Labs
1.) Feb. 28th Robotics Competition Volunteers
Currently we have Brad, Zach, Angela, Coyt, and myself, but
we still need more volunteers. The location of the competition is the
USF REC Center where the attendance will consist mostly of high school
and middle school students. Our presentation will be during lunch
(11:45am-12:45pm) after which we will receive free Lupton's BBQ.

2.) During the Engineering EXPO, X-labs grabbed the interest of a
young
homeschooled student named Billy and his mother, Karen Gensel.
Karen has been teaching for physics for a homeschooling program and
has requested for X-Labs to put on a demo for her students. She
writes:

-------------
Could you let me know if Friday, March 6th, in the afternoon (you
designate)
would be a good day for you and the other X-Labs members? Do you
need
to know how many? Can you advise which room/building?

If you could let me know, then I can pass it on to the homeschooling
group.
Everyone is very excited!!

Thank you again.
Karen Gensel
-------------

What are your thoughts? Would you be able to volunteer on Friday,
March 6th
at 3:30pm or 4:00pm? If not, when would be more convenient?

Also, she had this to say about X-Labs to Dr. Fehr:

-------------
Dear Dr. Fehr:

My family attended the 36th Annual Engineering Exposition at USF this
past
Saturday, and we came into contact with members of the X-Labs. As I
understand that you are their advisor, I felt compelled to inform you
of
their behavior from our encounter.

Attending the event with me was my husband, Ted, and my 9-year-old
son,
Billy. My son has fatal food allergies, is homeschooled and, as a
result,
there are some areas in which his education is advanced for his grade
level.
He likes to read and has a great imagination; consequently, some of
the
ideas he presents to me sound a bit farfetched. However, the members
of
your X-Labs could not have been any more kind and attentive to him.
Their
patience in answering his questions, listening to his ideas, and the
counsel
he received with regard to carrying out those ideas, was absolutely
fantastic. My husband and I were remarking on how fortuitous it was
that,
with the short amount of time we had to be at the exposition and the
numerous exhibits there, we were able to come upon Room 108 within
minutes
of arriving. Every one of the members was so enthusiastic in sharing
their
knowledge, it was just a pleasure for me to stand back and listen to
their
conversations.

The X-Labs President, Nicolas Melton, has graciously offered a
demonstration, by himself and the other members, for Billy's
homeschooling
Physics Class; the class is currently meeting over in New Port Richey
(we
are in the middle of study Tesla and his experiments). I've already
mentioned this to the homeschooling group (Homeschoolers-In-Pasco) and
all
are very excited to come to USF to attend.

I wanted you to know what a great impression your gentleman made on my
young
son.

Sincerely,
Karen D. Gensel