Upcoming Events

BlueN...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2009, 10:11:17 AM3/3/09
to X Labs
I need volunteers for both of the events listed below, as well as
someone to design and print flyers/brochures for the Engineering
Social BBQ. We need to advertise the projects we have accomplished
and the resulting press (high altitude balloon launch, fusor reactor,
etc.), the demos we have completed (e.g. for Karen's homeschooling
group), and our future projects (X4, Y1, electrical cars, the solar
array, etc.).

Event Information:

Date: March 6th, 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Location: ENG 3 or 4
The demo will be for Karen and her homeschooling group:

"The X-Labs Group from the Department of Electrical Engineering at the
University of South Florida will be giving our homeschooling group a
demonstration/lecture of Tesla's coil (and possibly a fuson reactor, &
other electrical devices) on Friday, March 6th, at 3:30 pm. The
demonstration will take place in the ENG 3 or 4. Parking is available
in the Richard A. Beard Parking Facility/Garage."

Event Information:

Date: March 11th, 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Location: ENB Courtyard (outside of Fishbowl)
Societies and companies set up with officers/employers and flyers/
brochures
Free food (BBQ)

The Engineering Social BBQ:

"This event is very informal in nature to promote a comfortable/
approachable environment still while being professional in dealing
with companies. It is intended to be a BBQ social for societies,
employers and students to gather, mingle, network and recruit. This
event took place in Fall 2007 and was a major success between the
societies, companies, students and faculty members. We’ve had roughly
8 societies, 8 companies and 200 students stop by. I would hate for
any of you to miss out on this great event."

Nick
--
Wayne Nicholas Melton
President, X-Labs
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of South Florida
(813) 486.2881
wme...@mail.usf.edu

Ajay Koovackal

Mar 3, 2009, 3:17:45 PM3/3/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com
I'm actually going out of town this weekend and Friday. Good luck with the BBQ and other events. Call me if you need moral support, I'm good for that.

Ajay

> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:11:17 -0800
> Subject: XLABS!-- Upcoming Events
> From: BlueN...@gmail.com
> To: x-l...@googlegroups.com

BlueN...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2009, 7:02:52 AM4/2/09
to X Labs
I hope everyone had a terrific spring break!!
And I hope that everyone is recharged and ready to start working on
some projects!!

X-Labs will have a meeting this Friday, April 3rd at 3:30pm in the ETS
102 Trailer behind ENB (adjacent to the solar panels).

We have a lot of items to address such as the possibility of assigning
project leaders for each of our current project, so please make an
effort to be present.
And to sweeten the deal further, there will be pizza at the meeting!!

I look forward to seeing everyone Friday!
Nick

--
Wayne Nicholas Melton
President, X-Labs
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of South Florida
(813) 486.2281
wme...@mail.usf.edu

Jack Siegel

Apr 2, 2009, 3:48:44 PM4/2/09
to x-l...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I wont be able to come to the meeting tomorrow so I will try to make it next week. I was wondering what kind of projects you will be starting, I am very interested!

Thanks again,
Jack Siegel