Buying ideas

ucb...@ucl.ac.uk

Jan 4, 2016, 11:23:05 AM1/4/16
to X-Labs Members Email
Hi there,

I was wondering if you know or could put me through to someone who knows whether Google/ its labs buy ideas?
Basically, I have someone with a revolutionary idea that could change the world. At the moment due to its complexity and high capital requirement  (~ 10 million dollars) nothing has been done on it. However, I think Google is positioned, as possibly the only co-corporation that has the capacity and knowledge to bring this idea to fruition.
 Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Catalina

Ryan Kent

Jan 4, 2016, 11:43:48 AM1/4/16
to x-labs-mem...@googlegroups.com

I am glad you want to change the world. It's something we all want to do.

Unfortunately we can not help ou get in touch with google. This group is run out of USF and is a student group of engineers and scientists.

I have much experience in technology development and startup companies. I be able help if you wish to speak further.

I warn that the path you take will end in failure. (However failure is a good thing). Purchasing of IP is only done if that person owns the rights to that idea. Everybody has groundbreaking ideas, but those who get them patented and work for them may see them become more. I would advise you not to disclose any information on your friends idea as if it is worthwhile many will seek to take it and under the right means can do so.

Make sure this path is under your friends volition and do not disclose anything to anyone unless they are under an NDA and or you have a patent.

Happy Hunting

Ryan Kent
NASA Goddard Spaceflight Center

ucb...@ucl.ac.uk