LOVE this idea

Ben Whitehair

Feb 27, 2011, 8:41:03 PM2/27/11
to Expiring Emails
Just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE this idea. Its
implementation would be extremely helpful in both my business and
personal emails. Fantastic work. Keep it up. :)

Joshua Baer

Feb 27, 2011, 9:28:35 PM2/27/11
to x-ex...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear Ben! Can you explain how this would be helpful to you in
both cases? We need to build a library of use cases.

~Josh

Ben Whitehair

Feb 28, 2011, 4:21:00 AM2/28/11
to Expiring Emails
Absolutely.

The overarching benefit is that both myself and everyone in my
companies are consistently overwhelmed with email, much of which sits
in an inbox unprocessed and no longer relevant.

For personal use, being able to set expiration on emails regarding
events I'm throwing or being invited to would be tremendous. As would
emails from various organizations about events or other things with
deadlines.

For my business there are many times when we need responses from
everyone by a certain date, after which point the email is irrelevant.
Rather than have the email string sit in someone's inbox, allowing it
to expire and be archived would save us considerable time.

Hope that helps!
Ben