Wyrm Publishing Newsletter - April 13, 2008

Clarkesworld Books

Apr 13, 2008, 1:22:02 PM4/13/08
to wyrm-pu...@googlegroups.com
Wyrm Publishing Header

Newsletter for April 13, 2008

It's been a while since our last newsletter, but they should go back to monthly from here on out. Starting a small press has been quite an adventure and I'm slowly discovering just how many things can mess with your schedule. The explanation is long and boring, but I feel I do at least owe people an apology for the delays. Fortunately, things seem to be getting back on track.

Realms: The First Year of Clarkesworld Magazine is off to the printer and both the hardcover and trade paperback should be available in a few weeks. Booklist had this to say:

"With twenty-four strange and fabulous stories by writers both new and established, this anthology takes the reader all over the map of speculative fiction, into unexpected wilds, without ever losing their own directions. The blend of relatively established writers and newer ones only helps make this an exceptional dip into the ever-expanding pool of fantastic fiction."

Next up is Memorare by Gene Wolfe and that is heading to the printer within the month. It will be followed at approximately monthly intervals with Toast by Charles Stross, Shriek: An Afterword by Jeff VanderMeer, and Tides from the New Worlds by Tobias Buckell.

Toast and Shriek are in the proofreading stage and Tides is being designed. Brian Dow has just finished his beautiful cover art for Tides and we'll be sharing that with you as soon as they are done photographing the original art.

Clarkesworld Magazine continues to appear on a regular monthly schedule. This month we have some great stories by Jeffrey Ford and Jeremiah Sturgill, an interview with K.J. Bishop, and commentary on writing with a new baby in the house by Tim Pratt.

Three of our stories from 2007 have made the ballot for the 2008 Locus Poll and Survey:

If you enjoyed these, please be sure to vote for them. Clarkesworld is also in the running in the magazine/zine category. You don't need to be a Locus subscriber to participate, so if you haven't voted yet, go here and tell them your opinion.

I know some of you have been asking about the Clarkesworld chapbooks. I've brought on some help to deal with some of the issues we've had with those and should start seeing progress in that area shortly.

Take care,

-Neil

Neil Clarke
Wyrm Publishing